Childbirth In My Life and Around the World
I have never experience a childbirth firsthand. I do not have any children of my own. I have seen many births on television and online, and I freak out watching them, so image in real life. When I was 15 years old, my first niece Jaileen was born, I was in class during her labor. When I was 16 my first nephew Kenneth was born, he was born premature. My brother woke me up at 1:30 am to tell me my nephew was born. He was so tiny and in an incubator for about a month. I got to experience what it would take to raise a baby, by babysitting a newborn, what was I thinking. He woke up every hour on the hour like clockwork to be fed, change, cuddle time and everything else in between. It felt like the longest night ever! I was ready to go back to my normal life as a teenager, and going back to school to do some school work, after just one night.
At a very young age I asked my mother where do babies come from? She answer "babies come from you" laughed then placed my hands on her stomach (I can still feel her warmth coming from her stomach) as she explains to me where babies come from. She further went into details how I was in there for nine months and almost took her life away, because the umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck and they had to induced her labor. She proceeded to say that, my father carried me straight out her belly, bloody and all, he also cut the umbilical cord. My mom said she did not carried me until they cleaned me up. Ever since my mother gave me that great description of birth, I have been afraid of child birth. I am so afraid of the pain of birth, I know our bodies are built to handle the pain of birth but I am just afraid. All my friends and family always asking me when am I going to have a baby? My boyfriend wants a baby too. They know that I'm afraid of the labor. I'm not scared to raise a child, I think I'll be a great mother, hopefully one day I will get over my fear of childbirth and have a baby of my own, before its to late.
Welcome to the World directed by Brian Hill is a documentary about childbirth in Sierra Leone, Cambodia, and the United States. Very real, and a little bit hard to watch this film showcase the struggle of poverty and the affects it has on children development. Some facts about childbirth according to the documentary:
"Every year 130 million babies are born. Their life chances are a lottery depending on where they are born. In Europe, six babies per 1000 will die before their first birthday.
https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/welcome-world/
I have never experience a childbirth firsthand. I do not have any children of my own. I have seen many births on television and online, and I freak out watching them, so image in real life. When I was 15 years old, my first niece Jaileen was born, I was in class during her labor. When I was 16 my first nephew Kenneth was born, he was born premature. My brother woke me up at 1:30 am to tell me my nephew was born. He was so tiny and in an incubator for about a month. I got to experience what it would take to raise a baby, by babysitting a newborn, what was I thinking. He woke up every hour on the hour like clockwork to be fed, change, cuddle time and everything else in between. It felt like the longest night ever! I was ready to go back to my normal life as a teenager, and going back to school to do some school work, after just one night.
At a very young age I asked my mother where do babies come from? She answer "babies come from you" laughed then placed my hands on her stomach (I can still feel her warmth coming from her stomach) as she explains to me where babies come from. She further went into details how I was in there for nine months and almost took her life away, because the umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck and they had to induced her labor. She proceeded to say that, my father carried me straight out her belly, bloody and all, he also cut the umbilical cord. My mom said she did not carried me until they cleaned me up. Ever since my mother gave me that great description of birth, I have been afraid of child birth. I am so afraid of the pain of birth, I know our bodies are built to handle the pain of birth but I am just afraid. All my friends and family always asking me when am I going to have a baby? My boyfriend wants a baby too. They know that I'm afraid of the labor. I'm not scared to raise a child, I think I'll be a great mother, hopefully one day I will get over my fear of childbirth and have a baby of my own, before its to late.
Welcome to the World directed by Brian Hill is a documentary about childbirth in Sierra Leone, Cambodia, and the United States. Very real, and a little bit hard to watch this film showcase the struggle of poverty and the affects it has on children development. Some facts about childbirth according to the documentary:
"Every year 130 million babies are born. Their life chances are a lottery depending on where they are born. In Europe, six babies per 1000 will die before their first birthday.
In Africa, it's 82. In America, 1 in 3 will grow up to be obese; in Cambodia, a child is more likely to become malnourished than go to high school.
In Sierra Leone, one in eight mothers die in childbirth. Through the stories of mothers and babies around the world, we look at how poverty affects childbirth, childhood - and everything beyond.
According to the World Health Organization, 99% of women who die during pregnancy and childbirth are in the developing world.
Every minute and a half, a woman dies from pregnancy-related causes and just eight countries account for almost 50% of the world's maternal deaths every year."
References
Did you do any investigation into other countries and their view on childbirth and support to mothers? If you could deliver in any country in the world which would you choose?
ReplyDelete